* The LibreView website is only compatible with certain operating systems and browsers. Please check www.libreview.com for additional information.
Time in Range complements A1C and provides actionable information.
The consensus data recommend that patients with T1D or T2D spend >70% of their time in range (3.9–10.0 mmol/L).6
Public and private reimbursement is available for the FreeStyle Libre system.††
Resources and information for every stage of your experience with FreeStyle Libre.
T1D=type 1 diabetes; T2D=type 2 diabetes.
* Data based on the number of users worldwide for the FreeStyle Libre system compared to the number of users for other leading personal-use sensor-based glucose monitoring systems.
† Official Mark of the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec.
‡ To be eligible for FreeStyle Libre 2 reimbursement in Quebec, criteria is as follows: under the age of 18 and living with type 1 diabetes; over the age of 18, living with diabetes and meets the following two criteria: is on intensive insulin therapy (insulin pump treatment or ≥3 insulin injections per day), and has frequent hypoglycemic events during the last year, despite adherence to a blood sugar management plan.
§ Data collected from the FreeStyle Libre System. FreeStyle Libre 2 has the same features as the FreeStyle Libre System, with the addition of optional real-time glucose alarms. Study data are applicable to both products.
¶ FreeStyle Libre users: A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycemia or impending hypoglycemia is reported by the FreeStyle LibreLink app or when symptoms do not match the app readings.
** FreeStyle Libre 2 users: Finger pricks are required if glucose readings and alarms do not match symptoms or expectations.
†† Individual private drug plans can vary. Please have your patients check with their plan administrator and/or insurance company.
1. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care.
2. Bolinder J, et al. Novel glucose-sensing technology and hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, non-masked, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2016;388(10057):2254-63.
3. Haak T, et al. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, open-label randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Ther 2017;8(1):55-73.
4. Ajjan R. Insights from real world use of flash continuous glucose monitoring. Symposium presented at: American Diabetes Association 78th Scientific Sessions; June 22-26, 2018; Orlando, FL.
5. Seibold A, et al. A meta-analysis of real-world observational studies on the impact of flash glucose monitoring on glycemic control as measured by A1C. Poster presented at: American Diabetes Association 78th Scientific Sessions; June 22-26, 2018; Orlando, FL.
6. Battelino T, et al. Clinical targets for continuous glucose monitoring data interpretation: recommendations from the international consensus on time in range. Diabetes Care 2019;42(8):1593-603.
7. Kröger J, et al. Three European retrospective real-world chart review studies to determine the effectiveness of flash glucose monitoring on HbA1c in adults with type 2 diabetes [published online ahead of print December 12, 2019]. Diabetes Ther 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-019-00741-9.
This site is intended for Canadian Healthcare Professionals only. Visit patient site.
The FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system is indicated for measuring interstitial fluid glucose levels in adults aged 18 years and older with diabetes mellitus. Always read and follow the label/insert.
The FreeStyle Libre 2 flash glucose monitoring system is indicated for measuring interstitial fluid glucose levels in people aged 4 years and older with diabetes mellitus. Always read and follow the label/insert.
You are now being redirected to a third-party website not under the control of Abbott. Abbott is not responsible for the contents of such site or any further links from such site. Abbott is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by Abbott.
Do you wish to leave this site?
MyFreeStyle.ca is a product-specific website intended only for residents of Canada.
If you are a resident of another country, please visit our global directory to locate the appropriate site for your country.